Brookline Equity Coalition
Who we are.
We, the Brookline Equity Coalition (BEC), are a grassroots group of community members. Our goal is to attain progressive municipal policies and governance here in Brookline.
It is our belief that Brookline deserves a town government with strong progressive values. As progressives, we advocate for:
- Improving the health & wellbeing of residents.
- Funding food security, older adult services, the repair of public housing units, and public education.
- Forward-looking, community-driven planning.
- Prioritizing addressing the climate crisis, affordable housing, increasing civic participation, meeting residents' needs, and a grassroots approach to charter change.
- Principled, open-minded leadership.
- Always factoring in racial justice, representation for all genders, LGBTQIA+ liberation, the need for intersectionality, reproductive justice, and support for workers and labor unions.
- Good governance.
- Ensuring seats at the table for the typically under-represented, meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities or with limited English proficiency, budgeting that reflects progressive priorities, and predictable and regularly scheduled operating overrides.
(For more detail, see our values.)
Making Brookline a progressive town.
Here is a list of our members and endorsed elected officials. We are your neighbors, and we welcome you to join us in helping to create a town that prioritizes progressive values and policies!
Learn about how to get involved.