May 3rd election
During Brookline's Tuesday, May 3rd municipal election 245 Town Meeting Member seats will be on the ballot.
- What is Town Meeting?
- Town Meeting is the assembly of residents who decide the legislative policies of Brookline.
- Why so many seats this year?
- The results of the most recent U.S. Census prompted a redistricting process where every precinct (except precinct 16) changed by at least one Census block. If a precinct was altered by even one Census block, all 15 of its Town Meeting Member seats are to be voted on at the next Town election.
- Wait, redistricting happened?
- Indeed! Here is a map of Brookline's new precincts and polling locations (PDF). Brookline grew from 16 to 17 precincts, the new 17th precinct being centered around Coolidge Corner.
- Where can I register to vote?
- Register to vote on the Massachusetts Secretary of State's website.
- Can I be endorsed by the Brookline Equity Coalition?
If you're interested in being endorsed by the Brookline Equity Coalition, and perhaps also joining our group, fill out this Google Form.